What the Environment Can Do To Your Skin
We all worry about our health and beauty, but one thing that is often neglected is our skin. However, we should take good care of our skin, seeing as it is the largest organ of our bodies. Also, with the harsh environment around us, our skin can take quite a troll. Here are some major environmental elements that harm and damage our skin.
- The sun – 90% of skin damage is the result of the sun. Your body need sunlight for Vitamin D, but when ultraviolet rays meet unprotected skin it can cause sunburn, wrinkles, freckles, age spots and (with over exposure) skin cancer. Luckily, this damage can be prevented with products like sunscreen.
- The seasons – The changes of temperature, humidity, and wind can damage our skin. Heat can lead to irritation and if you sweat, can lead to blisters and heat rash. Cold can also cause irritation and in extremely cold temperatures, frostbite. Cold will also bring dry air which leads to dry skin. Make sure to moisturize when the air is cold and dry.
- Air pollution – Tar and oil can clog pores and cause acne. Chemicals, exhaust, and smoke are also some harmful pollutants in the air that can harm our skin. They can burn, infect, and cause irritation.
- Allergens – Animals, plants, food, and chemicals are just a few things that people can be allergic to. Allergens can cause hives, swelling, drying and irritation. If you notice any of these symptoms, be sure to stay away from the irritant and consult your doctor.
These and many other environmental elements can harm and age our skin. Luckily, there are many, easy ways to prevent skin damage.
- Sunscreen – Make sure to use one that blocks both UVA and UVB rays and is at least a SPF of 15. Apply the sunscreen before you got outside and keep applying every 2 hours if you’re out for a long time. For extra protection, wear a wide-brimmed hat to screen your face from the harshest rays.
- Moisturizer – Make sure your skin gets enough moisture. Well hydrated skin is healthy skin and will also make your skin look beautiful.
- Be healthy – All the common elements of a healthy lifestyle can help you skin. Make sure to get enough sleep, exercise, bathe, and eat a healthy, balanced diet.
Stress can also age our skin. Living a healthy lifestyle can help reduce your stress and help you skin this way as well. There’s lot more on this site about living healthy – I invite you to look around!
Here’s a video to learn more about skin care for your skin.
To learn more about patented, natural anti-aging skin care solutions, visit Shaklee Enfuselle. There’s no risk to try it – all Shaklee products are 100% satisfaction, money-back guaranteed.